Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini
Everything wonderful about Chicken Cordon Bleu pressed into a crispy panini, this sandwich makes for a great lunch or dinner!
Chicken Cordon Bleu has always been one of my favorite recipes ever, and it’s all my older brother’s fault.
Andrew made Chicken Cordon Bleu all the time when we were growing up, and who can resist a crispy chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese?
You can think of this sandwich as a fun way to enjoy a classic in a different form.
You’ve got crispy chicken milanese, ham, and swiss, sandwiched between your favorite bread and pressed on a panini grill until crispy.
It’s my second favorite sandwich between a Croque Madame.
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini Sandwiches:
Start by making some pan-fried chicken cutlets.
I always follow the same process as my Chicken Milanese or Parmesan Crusted Chicken, basically just breading chicken with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs:
Fry them for about 4 minutes on each side until crispy, and they’re ready to go.
Next, cut four ciabatta rolls in half and butter the tops and bottoms:
I like using ciabatta rolls for my paninis, but you can pretty much use whatever bread you’d like. A traditional sliced loaf works well too.
Spread mustard onto half of the rolls, then layer on ham and swiss cheese:
Cut the chicken cutlets to fit each sandwich:
Put the tops on:
And now the sandwiches are ready to be pressed:
Press for about five minutes, until the bread is golden and crispy, and the cheese is melted.
Cut in half and enjoy!
This Cheesesteak Sandwich, Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches, and Italian Club Sandwich are some of my other favorite sandwiches to make. They are anything but ordinary.
More Sandwich Recipes:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini
For the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches:
- 1 batch chicken milanese *
- 4 ciabatta rolls or other bread
- butter for spreading
- coarse dijon mustard for spreading
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 1/4 lb sliced deli ham
Side Dish Ideas for Pairing:
- Preheat panini press to high.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls in half lengthwise. Butter the top and bottom of each roll.
- Spread a little mustard on the bottom half of each roll. Layer on the cheese and ham by placing a slice of cheese on both the bottom and top pieces, and a piece of ham on just the bottom.
- Place a piece of chicken on the bottom half of each sandwich. Top the sandwiches and move to the panini press.
- Pressing down on the panini press, grill until the sandwiches are golden brown and the cheese is melted, about five minutes. The sandwiches are now ready to enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
Post updated in October 2019. Originally published January 2015.
4 Comments on “Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini”
These are EVERYTHING! Crispy chicken goodness.
Love Love LOVE chicken cordon bleu! How clever to make it into a panini. Never thought of that! (Bread makes everything better…)
This looks like a wonderful sandwich! Love this!!!
A variation on my favorite: Cuban sandwich. This may become the new after church Sunday lunch.