Italian Club Sandwich
This Italian Club Sandwich is so much better than your average sandwich, with a delicious combination of Italian meats, pepperoncinis, and more. It’s great for lunch or a picnic!
I was never one to get excited about sandwiches until I ate at Parm in NYC and tasted their Italian Club. I was used to the average PB&J or turkey mayo sandwiches of my childhood, but this was a sandwich on a totally different level.
I went on to taste all of the sandwiches on their menu, including meatball parms and this Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich that I also recreated for the blog, but admittedly those take a bit more work than the club sandwich I’m sharing here.
If you’ve got 5 minutes, you have time to make this sandwich. It’s so easy, yet so good.
Even though Parm’s version is excellent, I can’t be buying $16 sandwiches all the time, so I eventually started recreating them myself.
You can see from my Instagram photo that these are pretty similar to the original. Regardless, they’re very delicious, and much more affordable.
How to Make an Italian Club Sandwich:
To start, get a good hoagie roll from a bakery or the grocery store, and spread one side with mayonnaise:
If you have 10 minutes to spare, I recommend using homemade mayonnaise for the best flavor.
Next layer on thinly sliced soppressata:
Next up, genoa salami:
And then, thinly sliced black forest ham, layered on in folds:
And then! Prosciutto di parma:
But wait there’s more! Provolone or meunster cheese, and thinly sliced iceberg lettuce:
Iceberg’s crisp, watery crunch makes it the best lettuce choice here.
Add thinly sliced fresh tomatoes and sliced pepperoncinis:
Add a little salt and pepper on top, then put on the top piece of bread:
Slice it in half, then devour!
Italian Club Sandwich
- 1 hoagie roll
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 slices deli black forest ham
- 6 slices soppressata
- 6 slices genoa salami
- 2 slices prosciutto di parma
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncinis
- Cut the hoagie roll in half through the middle, then spread the bottom or top with the mayonnaise.
- Layer on the ham, creating folds in the meat instead of laying it flat.
- Layer on the soppressata, salami, and prosciutto di parma, cheese, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, and pepperoncinis.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then put the top of the sandwich on.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Post updated with photos, writing, and more tips. Originally published December 2015.