Wheeeeeee I’m back from Food Blog Forum Orlando 2012. I spent the weekend learning from food blog top dogs like Jaden of Steamy Kitchen, Diane & Todd from White On Rice Couple, and many other wonderful people who came to share and exchange advice about food blogging. I will be putting together a recap of the amazing event as well as some of the things I learned on Wednesday. On that note, from now on I will be posting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. More details will be shared on Wednesday!
Here’s how to make the fried rice:
Toss frequently for 3 minutes, then add the rice, eggs, soy sauce, and sriracha. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 15 oz can baby corn, cut into rounds
- 4 oz can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup shrimp
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 cups cooked rice, preferably a day or two old
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- In a very large frying pan or wok, heat the oil over high heat until it’s almost smoking. Add the baby corn, water chestnuts, carrots, red onion, peas, shrimp and cashews. Toss frequently and cook for 4 minutes until the shrimp and vegetables are cooked.
- Add the rice to the pan and toss to warm. Crack the eggs into the pan, then add the soy sauce and sriracha. Toss for another 4 minutes until heated through and all ingredients are distributed. Serve and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 481kcal Calories from fat 126|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to know how it went!