Asian dumplings are some of my favorite nibbles and probably the best thing about them is you can throw pretty much whatever you want in there.
We all want to use up those leftover ingredients right?
Potstickers are also very easy to make, they just take a little bit of time to fill all the dumplings and close them up.
For that reason, I like to make these with a family member or friend since you can yack away while you knock out several dozen of these things.
Here’s how to make them:
Make the filling by combining ground beef and pork with various asian flavors like soy sauce, hoisin, ginger, and scallions.
Place a big spoonful in the center of a wontop wrapper.
Dip your finger into water and wet the outsides (so the wonton can be pressed shut):
Close them up, and place in a steamer basket:
Steam for 12 minutes until the meat has cooked through:
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 12oz package wonton wrappers
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Whisk to combine all of the dumpling ingredients except the meat and wonton wrappers. Add the ground chuck and ground pork and mix very gently until combined.
- Place a spoonful of the filling into a wonton wrapper one at a time. To seal the edges, dip your finger into water and wet one of the edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Press tightly to close. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Steam the dumplings for 12 minutes until the meat has cooked through. Stir to combine all the dipping sauce ingredients, and serve with the dumplings. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 619kcal Calories from fat 185|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to know how it went!