Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This Buffalo Chicken Pizza has a Frank’s hot sauce bechamel and is topped with mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes and scallions. Perfect for game night!
I have something I’m a little embarrassed to admit.
I bought a slow cooker a few weeks ago, and I’m pretty sure I was the last person on Earth without one.
Okay, the previous statement is probably not true…but quite possibly I was the last food blogger on Earth without one. I don’t know why it took me so long, but I wish I had bought a slow cooker years ago!
Every week I throw a few pounds of chicken breasts into the slow cooker, turn the cooker to low heat and four hours later I have ridiculously moist, juicy chicken breasts.
What’s funny is even when I used to cook chicken breasts to a perfect 165 in a skillet, they were never as moist as these slow cooker ones. That’s just the power of low and slow. I’m so sold, and if you don’t have a slow cooker, you should absolutely buy one.
Because of this glorious $18 purchase (this is the one I bought, nothing fancy) I am now blessedly burdened with tons of ready-to-go leftover chicken meat. And oh boy is it fun.
One of my favorite things to make with this easy-to-shred chicken is buffalo chicken pizza.
Basically you take a pizza crust and top it with a Frank’s bechamel sauce (yeah, yum!), chicken, thick sliced tomatoes, onion if you wish, and mozzarella.
Dare I say it’s my favorite pizza? Because it is. I hope you make it and enjoy!
And if you’re a big Buffalo Chicken fan, my super crispy Baked Chicken Wings recipe is the most popular post on my site. Enjoy!
Share in the comments below: Do you have a slow cooker? What do you love to cook in the slow cooker? And feel free to share links to recipes you love. Slow cooker party time!
And here’s a video I made for you showing how to make the buffalo chicken pizza (and some tips on rolling out dough):
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Pizza has a Frank's hot sauce bechamel and is topped with mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes and scallions. Perfect for game night!
For the pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- ground cayenne pepper, optional, if you want the sauce to be hotter
For the pizza
- 1 parbaked pizza crust
- 1 cup leftover shredded or diced chicken breast
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 heirloom tomato
- onion slices or scallions, if desired
- Make the sauce: In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and keep whisking until fully combined. Keeping the whisk moving and add the cold milk. Whisk the liquid until it is combined, and add the Frank’s hot sauce, worcestershire, and cayenne pepper if you’re feeling spicy! Taste the sauce and make any necessary adjustments (for example, add more Frank’s if you want a stronger flavor).
- Add a few spoonfuls of the Frank’s bechamel sauce you just made into the diced or shredded chicken, and toss to combine. Spread the remainder of the sauce all over your parbaked pizza crust (that just means you prebaked the crust for 10 minutes, if desired), then top with the cheese, sliced heirloom tomato, chicken, and onion, if you desire. Bake at 450 for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to know how it went!
Disclosure: this post contains an Amazon affiliate link.