Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This Buffalo Chicken Pizza has a Frank’s hot sauce bechamel and is topped with mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes and scallions. It’s a fun recipe for game night.
If you’re a fan of all things Buffalo when it comes to food, you’ve got to try this pizza!
This Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe is just as easy to make as a regular pizza, but instead of tomato sauce, we’ll be making a Frank’s bechamel.
Bechamel sauce is what they typically use for white pizza, so it has that wonderfully creamy base, but with that spicy flavor that’s classic in Buffalo Sauce.
Even though I have a Buffalo Wing Sauce that I absolutely love for Chicken Wings, I think it’s important that pizza sauce has more creaminess to it, so the two balance each other out for the perfect base.
You could simply do the buffalo sauce with cheese on top and call it a day, but I like to add more toppings.
I add this simple Crockpot Chicken Breast on top, with tomatoes, scallions or red onion, and maybe some parsley if I feel like it. But those are all optional.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
It’s exactly like assembling any other pizza.
You take a pizza crust and top it with the Frank’s bechamel sauce, then cheese and any other toppings, like chicken, thick sliced tomatoes, and onion if you wish.
Dare I say it’s my favorite pizza? It may be.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
For the Buffalo Pizza Sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- ground cayenne pepper to taste and optional, if you want the sauce to be hotter
For the Buffalo Pizza:
- 1 parbaked pizza crust
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast diced or shredded
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- red onion slices or scallions if desired
- Make the sauce: In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the flour and keep whisking until fully combined.
- Keeping the whisk moving and add the cold milk. Whisk the liquid until it is combined, and add the Frank’s hot sauce, worcestershire, and cayenne pepper.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the Frank’s bechamel sauce you just made into the diced or shredded chicken, and toss to combine.
- Spread the remainder of the sauce all over the pizza crust, then top with the cheese, sliced heirloom tomato, chicken, and onion, if you desire.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
Post updated in November 2018. Originally published April 2013.