Everything Bagel Seasoning
This Everything Bagel Seasoning only requires 5 ingredients but adds instant flavor to tons of recipes, like Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns, Sourdough Discard Flatbread, and this Everything Bagel Cheese Ball. I’ve played with the proportions extensively, and to me, this is the perfect combination!
The everything bagel was always my favorite bagel in the box.
Yes, it has the most going on, but I’ve always been a “more is more” person with food.
Do I appreciate the simple things too? Of course, but I really love when you combine multiple flavors together and they create a new flavor that’s very distinct, and more than the sum of its parts. In that way, seasoning mixes kind of remind me of cocktails.
This everything bagel seasoning mix is one I’ve played with quite a bit, to try to get the best proportion of ingredients.
I am not going to claim that it’s the same as the Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, but it’s certainly close, and I love this mix.
The sesame seeds take the starring role, with poppy seeds, onion, and garlic taking supporting roles, and a small amount of flaked sea salt adds flavor and a wonderfully crunchy texture.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Ingredients
Here are the 5 ingredients you need to make the seasoning: sesame seeds, garlic flakes, dried minced onion, poppy seeds, and Maldon sea salt:
I was able to get all of these at the same grocery stores, albeit every one being from a different brand. But versions of these should be pretty easy to find.
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
All you do is mix together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes, and flaky sea salt:
Stir to combine:
Or, just place the ingredients in a sealable jar (affiliate), seal, and shake to combine.
Suggested Ways to Use The Seasoning:
- Sprinkle on Buttermilk Crackers
- Use as a topping on Flatbread
- Toss with Homemade Stovetop Popcorn
- Use as the coating for a Cheese Ball
- Sprinkle on Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sprinkle on Homemade Soft Pretzels
Cajun Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Fajita Seasoning, and Sazon Seasoning are more of my other favorite mixes to make at home. Enjoy!
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds*
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp dried garlic flakes
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp flaked sea salt (I use Maldon)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store for 6 months at room temperature. Sesame seeds and poppy seeds tend to expire quickly compared to other spices.
- Or, place all ingredients in a jar, seal, and shake to combine.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.