Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños
This delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos appetizer is perfect for football watching and sports gatherings. Jalapeños are stuffed with two cheeses and wrapped in bacon for a simple but tasty party snack.
Some of the best things in life are the simplest, and this recipe is proof of that.
There is only a handful of ingredients going on here, but together, each bite is smoky, spicy, creamy, cheesy, meaty, and flavorful.
I tend to make these year round, as they can either be roasted in the oven, or thrown onto the grill or in a Traeger during the summer.
This recipe is one of my favorite football watching snacks, and they’re reminiscent of a jalapeno popper, but without being deep fried or breaded.
But full warning: these are pretty spicy. Jalapenos always are.
If you want something less spicy, these Stuffed Mini Peppers are SO delicious and also way more colorful.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos:
Start by prepping the jalapeños. Cut each one in half, then use a melon baller to scoop out the ribs and seeds.
I have this double-sided melon baller that has a smaller scoop on one side, perfect for fitting in the jalapenos.
Removing the seeds and ribs will cut down considerably on the spiciness!
Also, you may cut off the stems if you wish, but I like the look they give, so I leave them on.
Place the prepped jalapeños in a bowl and toss with oil, salt, and pepper:
In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, shredded mexican blend cheese, and pressed garlic cloves:
Mix that together, then use a spoon to stuff each jalapeno half with the cheese:
Wrap each jalapeno half with a strip of bacon, placing the bacon seams underneath the jalapeno:
If you want to make these ahead of time, this is the point where you could stash the tray away in the fridge for a few hours. Then just bake them when you want to serve.
Roast for about 25-30 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and the cheese is golden on top:
If you want to go Italian with this recipe, my friend Brenda’s Italian Stuffed Jalapenos look really good.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños
- 1/2 lb jalapeños
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 12 ounces bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the jalapenos if desired, then cut the jalapenos in half.
- Use a melon baller to remove the seeds and ribs. This will cut down on the spiciness.
- Place the prepped jalapenos in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Mix together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic, then use a spoon to spread it into each jalapeno.
- Wrap each jalapeno with a piece of bacon*, with the seams underneath the pepper and the cheese filling side up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes**, until the bacon is cooked through and the cheese is golden on top. Enjoy!
Post updated September 2018 with new photos, writing, and recipe. Originally published March 2012. This post contains an affiliate link.