Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Baby bella mushrooms are stuffed with a garlic herb cheese mixture and roasted until golden. They’re a wonderful party appetizer and very easy to make!
You see, I like mushrooms, but do I go wild when I eat a baby bella?
But stuff that baby with cheese, herbs, and breadcrumbs, and bake until it’s golden brown and bubbling?
Then, it becomes one of the tastiest things on earth.
The transformation boggles my mind. But I know I’m not alone, because mushroom caps always seem to be the first thing to go at a party.
Here’s how I like to put mine together:
Make the mushroom stuffing from bread crumbs, cheese, and herbs.
Fill each mushroom with a generous scoop of the breadcrumb mixture.
Bake until the stuffing has browned.
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Baby bella mushrooms are stuffed with a garlic herb cheese mixture and roasted until golden. They're a wonderful party appetizer and very easy to make!
- 8 oz package baby bella mushrooms
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 3 scallions, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/8 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms, and chop them up finely either by hand or in a food processor. Zap them in the microwave or cook them in a pan on the stovetop until you have gotten rid of the excess moisture. Place the stems in a bowl, and add the parsley, tarragon, scallions, parmigiano reggiano, asiago, egg, bread crumbs, cream cheese, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Mix until it forms a smooth mixture, and season to taste.
- Brush each mushroom cap with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay them on a sheet pan, and fill them generously with a spoonful of filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the stuffing has browned. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 622kcal Calories from fat 371|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 41g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to know how it went!