Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies
Ever since the idea of rocky road cookies popped into my head a month ago, I have been tweaking recipe after recipe so I could come up with a cookie extraordinary enough to be posted on my website.
…because let me tell you, I don’t post ANYTHING on here that I don’t think is COMPLETELY scrapeworthy and delicious).
These cookies are complete ooey gooey chocolate goodness (I mean, flourless chocolate goods usually are).
And the marshmallows on top are all crispy and golden brown on the edges and gooey in the middle.
You might be wondering why we don’t just mix the marshmallows into the batter, and the reason is they sort of melt and disappear that way.
The golden brown crispy shelled marshmallows on top make this cookie truly incredible and rocky road-esque.
Copyright Notice: Fifteen Spatulas images and original content are copyright protected. Please do not publish these materials without prior permission.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the salt. Add the egg whites and vanilla and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Use a disher to portion out small mounds on to the parchment paper, then top each cookie with 4-5 marshmallows. Pop into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill slightly (this prevents them from spreading too much in the oven).
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Let the cookies sit on the paper for a few minutes to set, before moving them to a wire rack to cool. Are these ooey gooey or what? Enjoy!!!
Recipe adapted from Creative Kitchen.