Mini Strawberry Pavlovas
These Mini Strawberry Pavlovas are the perfect dessert for entertaining, with sweet and bright flavors and a beautiful presentation!
For my very last guest post, I am thrilled to welcome Deborah from Taste and Tell. I am so grateful to my talented blogging friends for sharing their wonderful recipes with you during my spine surgery recovery, and I hope you enjoy this beautiful recipe. I LOVE pavlovas!
My favorite thing about Deborah’s blog is her array of different recipes. She shares everything from desserts to snacks to appetizers, and I really love how many dinner ideas she has. I find that I never have a shortage of desserts I want to make, but sometimes I get in a rut for dinner. Check out her recipe index for main dishes with beef, chicken, pork, seafood, and meatless for some new ideas! I know that if you like Fifteen Spatulas, you will enjoy Deborah’s blog.
Let’s check out this dessert Deborah made for us. Take it away, Deborah!
We are a strawberry loving household. My daughter is obsessed with them. We can rarely go to the grocery store without bringing some home.
And right now, it’s a great time to be obsessed with strawberries. Here in Utah, they are at their prime right now. In fact, just one town over from where I live, it is time for the annual Strawberry Days. I look forward to it every year – they sell the best strawberries and cream that I dream about all year long.
I’m so glad that Joanne asked me to come and share something with you today, because I’m able to share a favorite strawberry recipe with you all.
I recently made a strawberry pie that has a meringue crust that I totally fell in love with. Then we had a family dinner and my sister brought a beautiful pavlova for dessert that I couldn’t get enough of. You would think that at this point, I would be over meringue, but I just wanted more. 🙂 So I made these Mini Strawberry Pavlovas to share with all of you!!
These are light and crisp and sweet and perfect. And the best way to use some of the perfectly sweet strawberries right now!!
Perfect, thanks Deborah! I can’t wait to try these pavlovas when I next have friends over! Here is the recipe, and below you’ll find a few of my favorite recipes from Deborah’s blog.
Mini Strawberry Pavlovas
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. While still beating, slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat until thick and glossy. Beat in the vanilla. Sprinkle the vinegar and cornstarch over the top and fold in.
- Make 12 equal mounds of the meringue on the prepared baking sheet, keeping them at least 1 inch apart. With the back of a spoon, make a well in the center of each mound.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, until the outside is dry. Turn off the oven and let them cool completely in the oven.
- Before serving, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Place a dollop of the cream in the center of each pavlova. Top with diced strawberries. Serve immediately.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes from Deborah’s blog: