Cookies and Cream Brownies
These Cookies and Cream Brownies are perfect for the oreo lover. They’re super dark and rich, and easy to bake up!
Following my spine surgery, I have a two-month period where I cannot bend, lift, or carry anything greater than five pounds, so I’m not able to cook unless my husband Pete is home to help me. I will still be posting my recipes on a regular basis during this recovery period, but I have asked a handful of my favorite food bloggers and friends to help provide more recipes to you by guest posting during my recovery. These are all people who I really admire and know you will love!
Today I am thrilled to welcome Bree from Baked Bree.
Bree is a beautiful person inside and out, and her blog and recipes are absolutely stunning! Seriously, her blog is one of my absolute favorites and if you take a look, I think you’ll agree. Bree’s husband serves in the military just like mine does, so I always appreciate that she understands the military life. She is actually getting ready for her 9th military move in just a couple weeks! In addition to the food blog, Bree coaches women (especially moms) who are looking to bring more balance and happiness into their lives. Bree always talks about how we must put ourselves back on our own “to-do lists” and I love that reminder.
Take it away, Bree!
Thank you for having me Joanne! I am so glad that you are feeling better and happy to be here. I know that you will be back in the kitchen soon. In the meantime, I am honored that you asked me to share a recipe.
If we lived closer, I would bring you a plate of these brownies. I can’t really think of anything that would cheer me up more than a.) homemade baked goods and b.) chocolate. These are so simple to make, my kids can (and have) made these all by themselves. All you need is a bowl, spoon, and 5 minutes. These are deep, dark, gooey, and have a little bit of crunch from crushed Oreos throughout.
I love to use my simple brownie recipe and add things to them to make them something entirely different. We are getting ready to move and I am trying to clear out the pantry. I had a package of Oreos and a bag of Cookies ‘n’ Cream drops and knew that they would be a welcome addition to my brownies. I have made these brownies with salted caramel, peanuts and pretzels, s’mores – let’s just say I don’t need to read the recipe any more. I have also left them plain and added a scoop of ice cream and chocolate sauce for sundaes.
Wow, thanks Bree! These brownies look AMAZING!
Here are some of my favorite recipes from Bree:
Cookies and Cream Brownies
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 8-ounce bag Hershey's Cookies 'n' Cream Drops, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8×8 square pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over the sides for easy removal.
- Add 12 Oreos to a plastic bag and crush. Reserve ½ cup of the Cookies ‘n’ Cream drops. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour, and mix until just combined. Add crushed Oreos and candy. Pour batter into prepared pan. Crumble remaining Oreos on top of batter and sprinkle reserved candy.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until set. Cool completely and cut into 16 squares.