Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Pistachios
Juicy peaches are grilled to bring out and caramelize their natural sweetness, then paired with creamy mascarpone cheese and pistachios!
What’s the best part about summer?
Laying out by the pool?
Trips to the beach?
Lounging around in flip flops?
For me, the best part about summer is all the fresh fruit.
I can walk into the store at any point during summer, and there’s so much fruit to choose from, all at the peak of its season.
One of the beauties I came home with recently is these fresh yellow peaches.
And what do you do with stellar peaches?
You let them shine.
You don’t distract from their inherent beauty.
Grilling them enhances their flavors and gives them a slight smokiness, and they’re paired with creamy mascarpone cheese and pistachios.
Start by spinning peaches around a knife, to split it in half.
Give the peach a little twist, and the peach should separate into two halves (this is tougher with some peaches, it’s all luck of the draw). Remove the pit with your fingers.
Let the cut part of the peaches soak in agave for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, prep the mascarpone by stirring it with honey and a little cream. This stuff is so creamy smooth, it spreads around the bowl like a buttercream!
Grill the peaches for 5 minutes, until the agave caramelizes a little bit on the top, and they’re all stripey and beautiful:
Serve the peaches with a drizzle of honey or agave, a spoonful of mascarpone, and the chopped pistachios. Enjoy!
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone
For the grilled peaches:
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- honey for drizzling
For the Mascarpone:
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Cut the peaches by turning your peach around a sharp knife. Twist to split the two halves, then remove the pit. Place the agave on a flat plate, then put the peaches cut side down on the agave plate. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Grill the peaches cut side down for 5 minutes over a medium fire, until caramelized and slightly softened.
- Mix the mascarpone, honey, and heavy cream together.
- Plate the grilled peaches with a spoonful of mascarpone and a sprinkling of pistachios. Drizzle with honey. Enjoy!