Oh eggs, you never cease to amaze me. They are responsible for the huge rise and puff action we get in this recipe (yup, no chemical leaveners in that ingredient list). If you’ve never had a popover before, you are missing out. I can’t believe I went through 22 years of life without them, until one day my friend Anna saved me and made some.
Popovers are DELICIOUS little hollow muffin bread roll thingies (they are hard to describe…just try it) and the best part is you just blend up 6 ingredients in a blender, and you’re done.
- 5 oz all purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- butter, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter and flour a heavy commercial weight muffin tin or popover pan.
- Stick all 6 ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds until combined. Pour batter into muffin tins until about halfway full (I know, so hard not to overfill, but trust me, they'll be bursting out of the pan).
- Bake for 40 minutes in the center of the oven. I like to spread butter and honey on mine while they are hot. Mmm. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
Copyright Notice: Fifteen Spatulas images and original content are copyright protected. Duplication and/or unauthorized use of these materials without prior permission constitute copyright infringement, and is prohibited.