Crispetty Crunchety Roasted Cauliflower
This Crunchy Roasted Cauliflower is a delicious vegetable side that pairs well with all sorts of entrees. Cauliflower florets are battered in egg, spices, and rice cereal for a crunchy baked treat!
OH BABY. You can just see how insanely crunchy these are in the photo. The most amazing part is there is no oil involved, so these are healthy AND crunchy delicious. After my older brother told me how terrible he thinks cauliflower is, I set out to come up with a good recipe.
Every vegetable can taste good, it just needs to be cooked a certain way, and I will admit, cauliflower may need a little extra attention.
We all know that roasted vegetables taste good because they get all brown and caramelized, but what if you double the fun and make them super crispetty crunchety by coating them in rice chex cereal?
MAGIC! I made these with my friend Jess and she went wild over them (Jess gets food cravings for “crunchy things,” and this definitely passes the crunchy test).
Crunchy Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- 1/2 +1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 +1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower up into small florets.
- Whisk together the eggs until the yolk and white have blended, and season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Smash up the chex by either pulsing the cereal in a food processor or sticking them in a plastic bag and bashing them with a frying pan. Season with the cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the eggs, then straight into the chex, then lay the cauliflower florets out on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Serve the cauliflower florets hot out of the oven.