Asian lettuce wraps make me act funny.
I get huge cravings for these little wrapped up bites…
So I go to the store. I get the ingredients. I make the dish. I eat it.
Then two days later I want it again.
Sure, I get cravings all the time for different foods. But usually I eat that food, and my craving is satisfied. That craving knows not to come back for a couple months because there are many other cravings patiently waiting in line.
But these lettuce wraps…I can never seem to get them out of my system. I want them…all the time.
Lucky for me, this is one of the quickest dishes you can put together. And lucky for you, I’m going to give you the recipe.
The first step is to make sure you get some beautiful lettuce, like Butter or Bibb. The lettuce is what you wrap it all up in.
The rest is just a matter of throwing a bunch of ingredients in a pan. Get your mise en place ready before you start and ten minutes later you’ll be eating!
So please go make these, enjoy, and experience the bliss that is Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps. I know that’s exactly what I’ll be doing in a few hours…I’ve got another set of ingredients waiting for me in the fridge!
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground pork (80/20)
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, chopped (5 oz drained)
- 14 oz container firm tofu, drained well and diced
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1.5 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- rice, for serving
- Butter lettuce, for serving
- Heat up the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet, then brown the pork for 3 minutes, stirring enough so it doesn't burn. Add the water chestnuts and tofu.
- Mix up the scallions, ginger, garlic, hoisin, soy sauce, and sriracha. Add to the pan, and toss all the ingredients. Cook for a few more minutes until the pork is cooked through. Remove from the heat and add the sesame oil.
- At the table, fill each lettuce cup with rice and a big spoonful of the pork mixture. Enjoy!
Copyright Notice: Fifteen Spatulas images and original content are copyright protected. Please do not publish these materials without prior permission.