Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
These Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs always disappear in a flash when I bring them to parties. This classic appetizer has lots of fresh flavor, with smoked salmon, goat cheese, and chives.
If you’re looking for deviled eggs without mayo that still have great flavor, this is the recipe for you!
People seem to either love deviled eggs or not be on board at all.
Personally, I only like deviled eggs if they have more going on than the usual preparation with mayonnaise and a dusting of paprika.
For these deviled eggs, there’s smoked salmon as the star flavor, goat cheese and sour cream for richness, and lemon and chives for brightness and freshness. Totally delicious!
Everyone always loves these when I bring them to parties.
AND they have the bonus of being a cold item, so you can make them ahead of time and just grab them from the fridge before you head out the door.
I always thank myself later when I make a “grab and go” dish because otherwise it can be really stressful when I try to make something at the last minute. These are so easy for company!
How to Make Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs:
Make 8 hard boiled eggs, then remove all the yolks to a bowl:
Next add some finely chopped smoked salmon, sour cream, soft goat cheese, lemon juice, chives, salt, and pepper:
Mix it all together to combine:
Either pipe the filling into the eggs, or use one of these cookie scoops (affiliate) instead.
In case you couldn’t tell, I think using the scoops is a whole lot easier:
However, piping the filling is neater and can be done in pretty designs. The choice is yours!
Sprinkle some extra chives on top before serving:
How to Make Ahead of Time: You can make the recipe in its entirety, and hold the filled eggs in the refrigerator up to one day ahead of time.
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 8 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup soft, spreadable goat cheese (not the crumbly kind)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup minced smoked salmon (2.5oz)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the eggs, cut each egg in half, and remove all the egg yolks to a bowl.
- To the yolk bowl, add the goat cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, chives, salmon, salt, and pepper. Stir well and taste it to make sure it's seasoned to your liking.
- Use a piping bag or cookie scoop to fill the egg halves with the smoked salmon goat cheese filling.
- Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
Post updated with refreshed photos, more writing, and tips in July 2018. Originally published May 2016.