Quick Ground Pork and Tofu Stir Fry
In my house we don’t make a ton of repeat dishes, just because there’s only so much food I can make and I need to test out new recipes on a regular basis. But this dish, oh, it gets repeated again and again. A combination of quick, delicious, and easy always qualifies a recipe to be a staple!
I know a lot of people don’t like tofu, but I find that it’s often because people are trying it plain in a salad, which doesn’t taste so great. Tofu is a blank canvas ready to take on other flavors, so an umami packed recipe like this makes the tofu the best part of this dish. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Start by browning some ground pork in a large skillet and add plenty of ginger and garlic:
Then add tofu, and a few Asian sauces like chili sauce and bean paste, and stir it all around for a few minutes to distribute the flavors.
Garnish with scallions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds, and serve with rice.
That was quite the step-by-step, wasn’t it? Haha. I told you it was quick and easy.
Enjoy this one!
Ground Pork and Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (can also use vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp minced garlic)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lb package firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp bean paste (can also use hoisin sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- steamed rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then add the pork. Brown the pork for 5-10 minutes, until the pork is fully cooked and no longer pink. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir it around for 60 seconds, until it starts to smell very aromatic. Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce, and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tofu, chili sauce, and bean paste to the pan, and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn the heat off, then add the sesame oil, scallions, and sesame seeds. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 558kcal Calories from fat 379|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 42g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to know how it went!