Carrot Ginger Dressing
This Carrot Ginger Dressing is simple to make, yet hits many flavor notes. It has a fantastic creamy, pourable texture as well!
If you’ve ever made salad dressing at home before, you know how much better it tastes compared to what you can buy at the store.
While Lemon Vinaigrette is my ultimate go-to homemade dressing, this Carrot Ginger dressing is in my regular rotation.
It only calls for 6 ingredients, but has a wonderful collection of flavors that makes it more unique than a basic vinaigrette, but still suitable for lots of different salads.
Carrot is the star flavor here, which gives the dressing great flavor and natural sweetness, but it also makes for a thick and creamy consistency.
I always add a little bit of fresh ginger to compliment the carrot, since carrot + ginger is one of the strongest flavor affinities out there, but you can use this recipe as a base for more experimentation.
Sometimes I’ll add spices like cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, or cloves, to bump up the flavor even more.
Carrot Ginger Dressing Ingredients:
- Fresh ginger
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Garlic
How to Make Carrot Ginger Dressing:
Start by boiling carrots for about 10 minutes, until fork tender:
Drain the carrots, then squeeze dry with a kitchen towel, to remove any excess water.
Place the carrots into a blender with minced fresh ginger, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, and salt:
I think apple cider vinegar goes best with these flavors, but white wine vinegar is a close second.
Puree that all together until smooth:
With the blender running, add extra virgin olive oil, until incorporated:
Taste and make any necessary adjustments with the salt, if you’d like. I like somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 tsp of salt.
The dressing should have a thick consistency, but still a very “pourable” texture for tossing with greens, like this:
More Carrot Recipes:
How long does carrot ginger dressing last in the fridge? About 1 week.
Can you freeze carrot ginger dressing? It won’t be quite as good when you thaw it (freshness matters), but in a pinch, yes, for up to 1 month.
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup carrots* (5 ounces by weight)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (1" knob)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar**
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer for about 10 minutes, until for tender.
- Drain the carrots, then squeeze dry with a kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Place the carrots in a blender with the ginger, garlic, vinegar, and salt. Puree until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- With the blender running, slowly add the olive oil over about 60 seconds, until the dressing is combined.
- The dressing can now be enjoyed, but make sure to store leftovers in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.