Shrimp Linguine with Asparagus
This quick pasta dish is perfect for a light dinner. Linguine is tossed with shrimp, asparagus, and tomatoes, and flavored with garlic, white wine, and parsley.
Last Friday I made this pasta recipe on the Today Show with Kathie Lee & Hoda to help support a good cause, the Pin a Meal, Give a meal program. I went on the show with my friend Bridget from Bake at 350 (who made these scrumptious Sugar Cookie Bars with Strawberry Glaze), and we’ve been working with Land O’Lakes in their mission to donate 3.5 million meals to Feeding America (which I told you about in this post).
You can watch our Today Show segment here, and the full recipe is below.
Shrimp Linguine with White Wine, Tomatoes and Asparagus
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 lb 21/25 shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cut asparagus pieces about 1 inch in length
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lb cooked linguine noodles
- 1 cup of water from the pasta pot
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat, and melt the butter. Add the red chili flakes and stir for 15 seconds. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until completely cooked through. Add the minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then remove the shrimp from the pan (it’s okay if there’s still brown stuff leftover on the bottom of the pan, that’s a good thing).
- Add the diced tomatoes and cut asparagus pieces to the skillet and cook for 1 or 2 minutes until slightly softened. Deglaze the pan by adding the white wine, then scraping off the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook this mixture for another 2 minutes, then toss with the cooked shrimp (including any juices), the cooked linguine noodles, and 1 cup of pasta water. Toss well and add the fresh parsley for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
11 Comments on “Shrimp Linguine with Asparagus”
Perfect weeknight pasta. I use broccoli when asparagus is too expensive.
Loved watching you on the Today Show! Can’t wait to try this 🙂
Congrats on the Today show! I love this pasta recipe!
I love how simple yet delicious this dish is! Shrimp is wonderful this time of year.
Great job Joanne. You sure do have to be fast for Kathy & Hoda; sometimes I wish they would spend more time with the guest chefs and less time with other topics. Your recipes look awesome, I can’t wait to try them myself.
You both did great!! This recipe looks tasty! 🙂
Joanne, that is so exciting that you guys got to be on The Today Show? Great job!
Thank you for the nice recipes. Have a great Monday!
Great job Joanne! What an amazing experience. Congrats!!
This is pretty much my dream dish!! I’m a huge sucker for shrimp and asparagus! Congrats on your special segment and on the great cause it was for
you were wonderful on the Today Show! Good job and great charity!