Grand Marnier Macadamia Oil Cake
This rich cake is made with Macadamia Nut Oil, Orange, and Grand Marnier, for an aromatic and flavorful baked treat!
Hi dear friends! I’m back. I’m filled with joy today to be sharing recipes with you again!!!
The past several weeks have been crazy and I want to thank you for allowing me this time to take care of myself and my health. I know you’re well aware of the emergency spine surgery I had three weeks ago, but I haven’t mentioned yet that I just moved to Manhattan a week ago.
Yes, I had spine surgery and then I had to move. Things in life happen at the most convenient times, haha! But Pete and I are so happy to be here. The city is such a fun place.
I am recovering beautifully from the surgery, and was actually able to fly to Miami a few days ago to speak at the BlogHer Food 2014 Conference.
It was so wonderful to spend time with friends, and feel like I’m able to start living my life again.
It has been such a blessing to receive your support, love, and prayers, and I honestly think it’s the reason I have been recovering so well. Thank you a million times over for embracing me with so much love.
Now, on to the recipe!
I know this Grand Marnier Macadamia Oil Cake sounds all fancy schmancy, but it’s one of those quick and easy “mix and bake” kind of cakes.
No need to get out the mixer, and no creaming required either! All you need is two bowls and a whisk.
Start by whisking together your dry ingredients:
Then measure out some macadamia oil (you’ll see in the notes of the recipe, you could also use olive oil here):
Combine the oil with eggs, orange juice, orange zest, and the rest of the wet ingredients:
Whisk until smooth:
Add the dry ingredients:
And whisk until you get a thin batter:
I told you this is a really easy cake!
Now you just have to bake it, and you can either bake it as one large cake in a regular 9 or 10″ cake pan, or you can pour it into ramekins and bake.
Then you can cut it into slices:
Because this cake is oil-based, it stays incredibly moist for several days. Pete actually loves when I make this cake because he can cut slices and take it to work with him for a snack!
Grand Marnier Macadamia Oil Cake
- 10 oz all purpose flour, by weight (2 cups, measured)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 + 1/3 cups macadamia oil*
- 1.25 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grab a 9 or 10″ cake pan that’s at least two inches deep and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.**
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set this aside.
- In another bowl, whisk to combine the macadamia oil, milk, eggs, orange zest, orange juice, and Grand Marnier.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and whisk until combined, just after the flour disappears. It’s okay if there are a few small lumps here and there.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool, and serve!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.