Crispy, cheesy quesadillas are filled with classic Greek-inspired ingredients for a quick and tasty lunch. Enjoy these with a side of Stuffed Grape Leaves!
I don’t know why, but I have always had an affinity for Greek flavors and food.
No one in my family is Greek, and I didn’t eat a lot of Greek food growing up, but I just LOVE feta cheese, olive oil, kalamata olives, oregano, mint, etc, and I find those ingredients in my food quite often.
Though quesadillas are often prepared with Tex-Mex type ingredients, one day I was digging around in the fridge and decided I wanted to make a Greek-ish quesadilla. So I cut up some kalamata olives, crumbled up some feta, sliced some scallions, tomatoes and chicken, and cut up some mozzarella cheese:
Then I grabbed a skillet and melted a little butter to coat the pan:
I laid down my flour tortilla and piled on all of the ingredients:
The quesadilla only needs a few minutes in the pan to toast and crisp up the edges and let the cheese melt. Then it’s ready to be sliced into triangles:
I just love the bold flavors in here, and it makes for such a quick lunch:
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 flour tortilla
- 2 oz sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes or tomato slices
- 1/2 chicken breast cooked and sliced
- Heat up a large pan over medium heat, and melt enough butter to thinly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the tortilla, and layer on the rest of the ingredients on one half of the tortilla round.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the bottom of the tortilla turns golden brown and the cheese inside has melted. Flip the unlayered half of the tortilla onto the other side and press together. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and slice into triangles. Enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
6 Comments on “Greek-Style Quesadillas”
I love quesadillas and I love Greek food. So I call this one a definite win! 🙂
Awesome idea Joanne!!!
Oh, yum! These are basically all my favorite foods (tomatoes, olives, feta), wrapped in warm, cheesy deliciousness. Love this idea! It would also be yummy griddled inside a pita!
Such a great idea, nothing beats a quesadilla for a quick meal!
Oh man these sound so good. We make quesadillas about once a month. I’m gonna have to switch it up next time.