Chicken & Brie Grilled Cheese
If you’re looking for the recap of my trip to the Pioneer Woman’s Ranch, click here.
When I met my husband, I discovered that he was a pan-butterer. You know, whenever he made grilled cheese, he’d melt the butter in the pan and stick naked bread (total no-no) into the pan, and grill it.
I asked, “What the heck are you doing?!”
He said that he always did this because the butter was too hard and he couldn’t spread it on the bread without tearing it to bits.
But you see, spreading the butter directly onto the bread slices and grilling it is way superior to sticking naked bread into a skillet with melted butter in it. I know this, because my husband and I had to test the two methods side-by-side to prove who was right…
Ahem, I was.
Now, I totally get that it’s not reasonable to have to wait for butter to soften when a grilled cheese craving strikes. Which is why you use spreadable butter products!
I’m a huge fan of Land O Lakes® Butter spreads for situations like this. Usually I use their Butter with Olive Oil or Butter with Canola Oil, which each have only 3 ingredients (Butter + Olive Oil + Salt) and (Butter + Canola Oil + Salt).
But we’re taking this grilled cheese to the next level.
Recently I discovered a new product in their tub butter line that is spreadable AND has garlic and herbs in it, and that’s what we’re going to use to spread on the outside of the bread:
The Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Butter Spread we’re using still has a soft, creamy, spreadable texture straight out of the fridge:
But it also adds garlic herb flavor to the sandwich, which is totally heavenly paired with the chicken, brie, and mozzarella that we’re putting inside our sandwich:
After you’ve spread the bread slices with the Garlic & Herb Butter Spread, you lay them in a skillet and pile on the sliced brie, sliced mozzarella, and chicken breast slices:
Grill the bread for about 4-5 minutes on each side until the cheese is melty and gooey, and the bread is golden brown. Then you can sandwich the two slices together:
Now it’s ready to be sliced in half, so you can oooooh and ahhhhhh at the gooey cheese of your ultimate grilled cheese sandwich:
Chicken and Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices white sandwich bread (homemade or store bought)
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Butter Spread
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Spread the outer side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Butter Spread. Lay the bread slices in the pan, buttered side down, and layer two of the bread slices with a single layer of mozzarella cheese, and the other two slices of bread with the brie.
Add the thinly sliced chicken to the mozzarella layers, and grill the bread slices for 4-5 minutes, until the bread is toasted and golden brown, and the cheese has melted.
- Flip one slice of bread on to the other to create a sandwich, then place a lid on the pan for one minute, if the cheese needs additional melting. Serve and enjoy!
Disclosure: Fifteen Spatulas has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.