Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
These Peanut Butter M&M Cookies have a soft peanut butter cookie dough studded with creamy Peanut Butter M&M’s. It’s the perfect cookie recipe for the peanut butter lover!
If you’re not familiar with a Peanut Butter M&M, it’s like Reese’s Pieces but even bigger and creamier.
A friend introduced them to me and I was simultaneously very happy and deadly upset over how delicious they are.
They’re the best M&M ever, if you ask me.
This cookie has both amazing textures and intense peanut butter flavor.
I love biting into the soft peanut butter cookie dough, but getting those bits of hard candy shell that yield to the creamy peanut butter centers of the M&Ms.
Even though I highly recommend peanut butter M&Ms here, you may use other types of M&Ms.
You can use regular chocolate M&Ms, the peanut M&Ms with the actual nut inside, pretzel M&Ms, and so on.
How to Make Peanut Butter M&M Cookies:
Start by placing brown sugar, granulated sugar, and softened butter in a bowl:
Cream them together, then add in peanut butter and an egg:
Mix until incorporated:
Then add your dry ingredients, which is a mixture of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt:
Just before the flour has disappeared, add peanut butter M&Ms:
Use a large cookie scoop to portion out mounds of cookie dough.
You may place them on a lined baking sheet to bake immediately, or you can place scoops on a plate and freeze them for later.
After 12-14 minutes in the oven, the dough balls will spread and bake down, with the M&Ms still intact:
I love eating the cookies straight out of the oven, as the centers of the candies get especially creamy and warm.
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour (6.25 ounces by weight)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups peanut butter M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl and cream them together with a hand mixer for approximately two minutes, until the mixture looks fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter and egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the flour has almost disappeared.
- Finally, add the peanut butter M&Ms and stir them in gently with a spatula.
- Using a large cookie scoop, portion out mounds of the cookie dough on your prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the mounds have flattened a bit. Let the cookies cool, then enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
Post updated in November 2018. Originally published January 2014.