Avocado slices are breaded in crispy panko breadcrumbs for a fun and delicious snack. The contrast between creamy avocado and the crunchy exterior is delicious!
Every time I see an avocado, I instantly think guacamole. So after seeing avocado fries pop up a couple of times on the internet, I decided to give them a try since I had the deep fryer out anyway. These are an absolute delight, and have a crisp panko coating on the outside and creamy avocado in the inside. They’re also really easy to make. Here’s how:
Dredge avocados in egg and panko breadcrumb, and deep fry until crisp.
Drain on a paper towel, then grate parmesan over the top if desired.
- 1 haas avocado
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- parmigiano reggiano to grate on top optional
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut into slices and season them with salt and pepper on both sides. Set up the flour in one bowl, egg in another, and the panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Dip the avocado slices in each of the stations, letting the excess drip off in between (this prevents the breading from falling off later).
- Fry at 375 degrees F for 45 seconds, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel, then grate parmesan over the top if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.