These simple cheese crisps have lots of flavor and plenty of crunch, thanks to a secret ingredient, crispy rice cereal! The crisps can be made with cheddar, gruyere, parmesan, and many other types of cheese.
Everyone has had a cheese crisp before (or at least I should hope so), but these aren’t your ordinary cheese crisp. These have crispy rice cereal in them, so they have extra crackly crispiness and pop. You can really use whatever kind of cheese you want here, as long as it’s some sort of melty variety. I suggest gruyere or cheddar, but I’m sure something like a fontina would work great too.
- 7 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 8 oz gruyere or cheddar cheese shredded
- 3.5 oz all purpose flour, by weight (about 2/3 cup, measured)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the butter and cheese until combined. Add the flour, cayenne, and salt and beat until you get a crumbly dough. Add the rice cereal and beat briefly just to combine (don’t overbeat or you might break up the rice crisps).
- Use a disher to portion out 1 tbsp amounts of dough, and place onto a sheet pan (it will look like a pile of rubble). Use a fork to hash and compact it down. Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Let them cool, and enjoy!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.