Sweet Potato Hash
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot (about 1 shallot)
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1/2 bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno (about 1 jalapeno)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 3 lbs roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- fried eggs, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- avocado chunks, for serving
- tomato salsa, for serving
In a large skillet set over medium heat, cook the shallot, bell pepper, and jalapeno with the oil and 1/8 tsp salt, for about 10 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, and stir for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
Add the roasted sweet potato chunks, along with the paprika, chili powder, chipotle, and cumin.
Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until the spices smell fragrant.
Serve the sweet potato hash with fried eggs, fresh cilantro leaves, avocado chunks, and tomato salsa on top, as desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 1219mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 49520IU | Vitamin C: 50.5mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2.5mg