Mexican Corn Salad
This Mexican Corn Salad with Black Beans is incredibly flavorful, filling, and can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. It’s fantastic for summer potlucks or picnics, as it travels really easily, and serves as a great side dish for lots of different mains.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
For the Salad:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears fresh cooked corn on the cob, kernels cut off the cob (about 3 cups)*
- 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed well
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped (1 cup)
- 4 oz Cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
Pairing Ideas for Serving:
In a large bowl, whisk to combine the lime juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, chipotle chile powder, salt, and pepper.
Add the corn kernels, black beans, cilantro, cotija cheese, and jalapeno, and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, so the flavors can meld. Enjoy!
*How to cook fresh corn on the cob: I recommend either grilling it for 10 minutes, until the kernels are cooked through and slightly charred on the outside, or boiling the corn in generously salted water for 8 minutes. If you have a gas stove, you can char the boiled corn over an open flame for about a minute, to give it a smoky flavor and charred look.
**Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 325mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g