This Cobb Salad is the perfect hearty and healthy lunch, thanks to a great combination of ingredients. It has crispy bacon, salty blue cheese crumbles, creamy avocado, and a simple dressing to tie it all together.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 hardboiled eggs cut into quarters
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled (here's how to cook bacon in the oven)
- 1 haas avocado diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast diced
- 1 ripe tomato diced
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper, until combined.
Place the romaine lettuce on a plate or low bowl, and arrange the remaining salad ingredients in rows on top of the lettuce.
Pour the dressing over the salad right before serving, and enjoy!
Calories: 563kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 1106mg | Potassium: 807mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1570IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1.4mg