Tex Mex Chicken Casserole
This Tex Mex Chicken Casserole only takes 10 minutes to put together, and is perfect for an easy weeknight meal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 oz tortilla chips broken into large pieces (2 cups)
- 1 cup corn canned or frozen
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed (can do pinto beans too)
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 3 cups your favorite salsa (I like Frontera)
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- sour cream for garnish (optional)
- avocado slices for garnish (optional)
- fresh chopped tomato for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the tortilla chips, corn, black beans, diced chicken, cheese, salsa, scallions, and taco seasoning. Stir it all together very well, being careful not to crush the tortilla chips too much. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning if necessary (and keep in mind this will taste wetter than when it comes out of the oven).
Pour the entire mixture into an 8×12 or 9×13 casserole dish, and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then serve with your favorite garnishes (like avocado slices, sour cream, fresh chopped tomatoes, scallions, etc). Enjoy!
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 458mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g