The Best Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
I know it’s risky business to call anything “the best,” but this stuffing is so darn good. This could be my whole Thanksgiving meal, right here. Just me and my 8×11 pan of stuffing.
This stuffing recipe is pretty classic, but there’s a small twist. My brain is always thinking of ways to tweak recipes and I wondered what would happen if instead of mincing up herbs and tossing them in the stuffing, what if you infused the chicken broth with those herbs, so that the herb flavor were soaked up in every bite? It’s so good!
You could infuse your own chicken broth with the herbs, but to keep things easy, I just swapped my normal Swanson chicken broth for the Swanson tuscan chicken flavor infused broth. It has the essentials of a basic stock but also has sage, rosemary, and thyme in it!
Here’s the video I put together for how to make this stuffing. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, and find the full recipe below!
Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
This is the best ever thanksgiving stuffing recipe. It has fresh Italian sausage and lots of herbs and veggies. Perfect holiday side dish!
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, cut into cubes and left out overnight
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1.5 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 lb Sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2.5 cups Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the onion, celery, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and fragrant.
- Pour the cooked veggies into a large mixing bowl, and return the skillet to the heat. Turn the heat to medium high, and brown the pork sausage. Break the pork sausage up into small pieces with your spatula, if needed, and cook until fully cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Add the cooked pork sausage to the mixing bowl as well.
- Add the bread cubes to the mixing bowl, as well as the parsley and eggs. Slowly pour the Swanson Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth over the bread cubes, then toss everything together to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Pour the ingredients into an 8×11 baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 40 minutes until golden on top. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I’m working with Swanson this holiday season to create a fun recipe with their products. I have been using Swanson for years, and I truly believe in and stand behind their broths and soups.