Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This fantastically easy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce takes 5 minutes to make, and adds instant flavor to a ton of foods. I drizzle it on Crispy Smashed Potatoes, spoon it onto Spice Rubbed Chicken, toss it with pasta and vegetables, and more. It’s made without cream, and is friendly to all styles of eating (Whole30 compliant, vegan, gluten-free, etc).
Much like the Basil Vinaigrette I shared last week, this is a sauce that can go on sooooooooo many things.
It’s basically flavor sauce.
Drizzle it on chicken, fish, vegetables, and so on, and boom! Flavor.
This is another recipe that I came to love during my Whole30, and I really have to thank the Whole30 for forcing me to rediscover the awesomeness of blender sauces.
Because of the restrictions of the program, you’re forced to get creative with simple and flavorful recipes, and having this sauce on hand was key to many satisfying dinners.
It’s quite a simple preparation, which goes as follows:
Put stuff in a blender, and blend.
See why I love it so much? And just wait until you taste it (seriously).
For the prep, you’ll need roasted red peppers, shallot, garlic, capers, and basil:
Quick note on the peppers: make sure to use a good quality jarred roasted red pepper.
I’ve seen brands where it’s a bunch of pepper scraps crammed into a jar, and in my taste tests, it wasn’t as good.
I usually use Divina brand, which I get from Whole Foods. The peppers are huge (about 3 to a jar), have those charred fire roasted bits, and are really delicious.
Moving on: throw those ingredients into a blender, and also add some lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper:
Blend on high for about 30-60 seconds, until completely smooth:
The sauce can now be stored in the refrigerator for one week, ready to be drizzled on whatever you’d like.
I LOVE this sauce on those Crispy Smashed Potatoes I posted the other day:
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Tips & Tricks:
- Can you freeze roasted red pepper sauce? Yes, for one month.
- What are some uses for roasted red pepper sauce? Drizzle on fish, toss with pasta, serve with chicken and lamb, drizzle a little bit on a fancy vegetable pizza, spread on a sandwich, dollop a spoonful onto your burger, etc. It’s extremely versatile.
- How long does roasted red pepper sauce keep? Store it in the refrigerator for one week.
- Can you switch up the herbs? Yes, I also think parsley is great in place of the basil.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp packed chopped fresh basil (10 leaves)
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (3/4 oz, liquid measurement)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender jar.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds on high speed, until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for 1 week, or freeze for 1 month.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
This post contains affiliate links.