Quick Ground Pork Stir Fry with Tofu
This Ground Pork Stir Fry with Tofu is an easy and flavorful recipe that comes together in a flash. I love it on weeknights, served with steamed white rice.
This is one of those recipes that I make again and again and again.
Generally I don’t cook a ton of repeat dishes, just because there’s only so much food I can make and I need to test out new recipes on a regular basis.
But this dish is the perfect combination of quick, delicious, and easy, which pretty much guarantees it to be a staple!
A lot of people don’t like tofu, but I find that it’s often because people are trying it plain in a salad, which doesn’t taste so great.
Tofu is a blank canvas ready to take on other flavors, so an umami packed recipe like this makes the tofu the best part of this dish.
Even if you think you don’t like tofu, I recommend giving it a try here. It keeps the dish from getting a bit too meat heavy by adding a different kind of texture.
How to Make Ground Pork Stir Fry with Tofu:
Start by browning some ground pork in a large skillet, then add plenty of ginger and garlic:
Make sure to use the fresh stuff for both here! Using fresh ginger root and fresh garlic is essential for amazing flavor and aroma.
Then add tofu, plus a few Asian sauces like chili sauce and bean paste. Stir it all around for a few minutes to distribute the flavors.
Garnish with scallions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds, and serve with rice:
That was quite the step-by-step, wasn’t it? Haha. I told you it was quick and easy.
Korean Chicken Rice Bowls are just as fast as this recipe if you want to try something similar but with different flavors. Enjoy!
More Ground Pork Recipes:
Ground Pork Stir Fry with Tofu
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tbsp minced garlic)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lb package firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp bean paste can also use hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- steamed rice for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then add the pork. Brown the pork for 5-7 minutes, until the pork is fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir it around for 60 seconds, until it starts to smell very aromatic.
- Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce, and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tofu, chili sauce, and bean paste to the pan, and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat off, then add the sesame oil, scallions, and sesame seeds. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Recipe updated August 2019. Originally published September 2013.