Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
These Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are perfect for parties. They’re simple to make, and have the perfect balance of fresh strawberry and creamy cheesecake filling.
If you get a cheesecake craving but don’t want to go through all the work of actually making a cheesecake, this is the recipe for you.
You can think of this dessert as like cheesecake filling stuffed into a fresh strawberry.
They actually remind me of that really popular party dip that’s made with cream cheese and marshmallow fluff and served with fruit for dipping, but more thick like a traditional cheesecake.
The flavors work so well together, it almost feels unfair how delicious they are when they take such little work to make.
There are also quite a few ways to dress them up. You can serve them with blueberries to make a Red, White, and Blue theme for July 4th or other patriotic holidays, or you can sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs for an even more cheesecake-like experience.
Chocolate is also fantastic if you want to drizzle it over, or dip the strawberries entirely.
How to Make Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries:
First you need to hollow out the inside of the strawberry to make room for the filling. I like to use a melon baller:
You’ll also notice that I like to cut the bottom tip off to create a flat surface for the strawberries to stand up, but you can also just lay the strawberries on their side if you prefer.
The filling is thick enough that it won’t fall out.
Next, whip together cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and put it into a piping bag.
Then pipe the cheesecake filling into each strawberry:
To get the twist shape to happen, just take a star tip (this is the piping set I have) and keep rotating the strawberry around and around as you pipe the filling out.
But really, if you’ve got a piping bag and tip, it’s hard to make these look bad.
These Strawberry Shortcake Scones from Belly Full also look like an amazing strawberry treat for breakfast. Enjoy!
Here’s the full recipe, and I also have a video below if you want to see how I make the whole recipe, and how I pipe and swirl the filling.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 lb package fresh strawberries
- 8 oz block cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- blueberries or graham cracker crumbs optional
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, then use a melon baller to scoop out a hole in the top of each strawberry.
- Cut a small part of the bottom of each strawberry with a sharp knife to create a flat surface for them to stand on.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract, until fluffy and light.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag lined with a star tip, and pipe the filling into each of the prepped strawberries.
- Top each cream cheese pile with a blueberry or with graham cracker crumbs, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Post updated with photos, writing, and more tips in August 2018. Originally published June 2013. This post contains an affiliate link.