Buffalo Chicken Pasta
This Buffalo Chicken Pasta is everything wonderful about buffalo chicken, in fettuccine alfredo form! Pasta is coated in a creamy Frank’s bechamel sauce and tossed with chicken and tomatoes.
I freely admit I have an obsession with Frank’s Hot Sauce (you know, the stuff used to dress chicken wings). Cravings will strike anytime, out of my control, and when that happens, I MUST have some. Immediately. Please tell me I’m not the only one.
I have quite a few Buffalo Chicken staples, with my favorites dishes being my Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, and Buffalo Chicken Dip, but sometimes I want a Fettuccine Alfredo type of thing, Buffalo Chicken Style! That’s what this is.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
The first thing we’re going to do is make a Frank’s Hot Sauce Bechamel.
Melt a couple tablespoons of butter in a skillet:
Add a couple tablespoons of flour and whisk it together to blend into a blond paste:
Slowly whisk in milk and heat it up until a creamy thick sauce comes together:
Add Frank’s hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, and chopped chicken breast and simmer until the chicken is cooked:
Cut some cherry tomatoes in half:
And add cooked fettuccine noodles to the sauce, along with the tomatoes:
Toss it all together and serve with fresh parsley on top.
Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup frank's original hot sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 lbs uncooked chicken breast diced
- 1 lb box fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the pan, and whisk together until they form a blond paste.
- While whisking constantly, add the cold milk and bump the heat up to medium high. Whisk constantly until the liquid thickens, which should only take a few minutes.
- Add the Frank’s hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, and diced chicken breast. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles according to the box directions, and add the cooked noodles to the chicken and creamy sauce.
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes and toss it all together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle on the chopped herbs before serving. Enjoy!