Salsa Verde Dressed Red Potato Salad
It is dressed in an herbed green dressing, also known as an Italian salsa verde (different from the Mexican version).
I love having this in the fridge to snack on, and it is delicious eaten cold. And the best part is it only takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish (5 minutes for the water to boil, and 10 minutes of boiling the potatoes).
- 1 lb red potatoes, skins on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together everything but the potatoes until combined.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until they fall off the blade when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes, break/cut them up if desired, and immediately coat with the herb dressing. By dressing the potatoes while they are hot, the flavors soak into the potatoes a bit as they cool. Enjoy at room temperature or cold.
Copyright Notice: Fifteen Spatulas images and original content are copyright protected. Duplication and/or unauthorized use of these materials without prior permission constitute copyright infringement, and is prohibited.