Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
I just about fainted when I saw these on a blog I read called Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. I mean, cinnamon rolls…and pancakes…combined?!? How could that be anything but amazing? And they are amazing. To make these, you spoon a big swirl of cinnamon filling right onto the pancakes cooking on the griddle, and then you drizzle them with a cream cheese frosting. These just barely get categorized into “breakfast,” as they are very indulgent, fluffy, and cinnamony sweet. You must try them. Just to warn you, they are very messy, but sometimes messy things are the best.
Pour the pancake batter onto the griddle and drizzle on a brown sugar cinnamon roll sauce.
- For the pancakes:
- 5 oz all purpose flour (1 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- For the Filling:
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk to combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk to combine the milk, vegetable oil, and egg. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until the flour has disappeared, but there are still plenty of lumps.
- Make the filling by stirring to combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Prepare the glaze by melting the butter and cream cheese together in the microwave. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Heat up a griddle over medium heat, and if desired, grease the pan with a little bit of butter. Use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop to portion out the pancakes. Once small bubbles start to appear on the surface, spoon over a tablespoon or so of the cinnamon swirl, in an outward circular motion from the center.
- Cook for another minute, then flip. Cook for one or two more minutes.
- Top the pancakes with the glaze, and enjoy!