If I knew deviled eggs could be this good, I would’ve started eating them years ago.
Are you a fan of deviled eggs?
For the longest time, before I knew what paprika was, I’d stare at the plate and wonder…
…what is that red powdered stuff on that egg?!
Deviled eggs just didn’t seem appetizing.
Like many things I’ve come to love, they just needed to be done at home, suited to my tastes and the flavors I like.
These little guys have spicy chile oil, tons of chopped scallions, and sometimes I throw bacon in there, when I’m looking to add a meaty smokiness to each bite.
Start by hard boiling the eggs, cutting them in half, and popping out the yolk:
Mash up the yolks with a fork, then mix in mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, chile oil, scallions, and crumbled bacon (if you wish):
Use a spoon or disher to portion the filling into the egg white halves:
Garnish with extra chopped scallions and drizzle with a little chile oil. Enjoy!
Oh, and a last little tip: Use older eggs for easier peeling. As eggs age, more air gets inside and the inner contents won’t stick the shell as much. Just make sure your eggs aren’t TOO old. If the eggs float in a bowl of water, throw them out, they’re too far gone. Happy cooking!
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1-3 tsp chile oil (depends on heat desired) + extra for drizzling
- 2 scallions, chopped + more for garnish
- crumbled bacon, optional
- Hard boil the eggs according to your preference. I like to place the eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and a lid, then bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat, then set a timer for 10 minutes. Drain the water, and peel the eggs under cool running water.
- Slice each egg in half, and remove the egg yolks to a bowl. Mix with the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, chile oil to taste, scallions, and bacon, if using. Season to taste with salt.
- Place a scoop of the filling into each egg half, then garnish with scallions and a drizzle of chile oil. Enjoy!
Copyright Notice: Fifteen Spatulas images and original content are copyright protected. Please do not publish these materials without prior permission.