I freely admit I have an obsession with Frank’s Hot Sauce (you know, the stuff used to dress chicken wings). Cravings will strike anytime, out of my control, and when that happens, I MUST have some. Immediately. Please tell me I’m not the only one.
I have quite a few Buffalo Chicken staples, with my favorites dishes being my Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, and Buffalo Chicken Dip, but sometimes I want a Fettuccine Alfredo type of thing, Buffalo Chicken Style! That’s what this is.
The first thing we’re going to do is make a Frank’s Hot Sauce Bechamel.
Melt a couple tablespoons of butter in a skillet:
Add a couple tablespoons of flour and whisk it together to blend into a blond paste:
Slowly whisk in milk and heat it up until a creamy thick sauce comes together:
Add Frank’s hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, and chopped chicken breast and simmer until the chicken is cooked:
Cut some cherry tomatoes in half:
And add cooked fettuccine noodles to the sauce, along with the tomatoes:
Toss it all together and serve with fresh parsley on top.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup frank's original hot sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 lbs uncooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 lb box fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour to the pan, and whisk together until they form a blond paste. While whisking constantly, add the cold milk and bump the heat up to medium high. Whisk constantly until the liquid thickens, which should only take a few minutes. Add the Frank's hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, and diced chicken breast. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles according to the box directions, and add the cooked noodles to the chicken and creamy sauce. Throw in the cherry tomatoes and toss is all together. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle on the chopped herbs before serving. Enjoy!
Copyright Notice: Fifteen Spatulas images and original content are copyright protected. Please do not publish these materials without prior permission.