Brussel Sprouts with Candied Pecans and Ricotta Salata
Of all the vegetables on this earth, Brussel sprouts were one of my first loves. I used to just roast them on a sheet tray and eat as is, but over time I have started dressing them up and playing around a bit more.
Wanting to spread the brussel sprout love all around, I made my Warm Shredded Brussel Sprout Salad with Crispy Goat Cheese for my family on Christmas Eve, and for New Year’s Eve dinner I made a gorgeous Beef Wellington (recipe coming soon!) along with this warm roasted brussel sprout salad. This is one of my favorite ways to make them and a great way to use the Candied Pecans I showed you a few weeks ago, so let me show you how to do it!
Start by trimming the brussel sprouts and cutting them in half. Season with salt, and toss in olive oil (or bacon fat from the bacon you will need for this recipe). Lay the brussel sprouts out on a sheet pan:
Roast until tender and crispy:
Toss the brussel sprouts with crispy bacon, candied pecans, ricotta salata, and a simple vinaigrette of olive oil and balsamic:
And that’s it! It’s so easy, but oh so good. Enjoy!
Warm Brussel Sprout Salad with Bacon and Candied Pecans
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 8 strips bacon, cooked until crispy, with fat reserved
- 1/4 cup reserved bacon fat, or olive oil
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/4lb ricotta salata
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the brussel sprouts in the reserved bacon fat, or olive oil (if using), and season with a big pinch of salt. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Toss the warm brussel sprouts with the candied pecans, ricotta salata, bacon, olive oil, and vinegar, and serve warm. Enjoy!