These Breakfast Burritos are perfect for a filling, savory breakfast. Warm tortillas are filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, spinach, and scallions.
If you made me pick between sweet and savory breakfast, I’d pick savory most of the time. I’ve probably mentioned on this site before that sometimes I’ll even have leftover dinner from the night before for breakfast the following day.
(Notable exception: When there’s fresh cake, sometimes I will have cake for breakfast. It’s a thing. Which is why I try not to have cake around).
One of the breakfast dishes I make for myself very often is a breakfast burrito like the one I’m sharing today. If you’ve never had a breakfast burrito before, it’s definitely time to try. For some reason I didn’t like the thought of breakfast burritos for the longest time (you know, before I had tried it, when I was judging it hard), but what a fool I was. They’re SO good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, spinach, and scallions, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla. There’s a reason it’s in my regular rotation.
To get started, fry up some bacon until crispy:
Make sure you’re using good bacon (my favorite is Niman Ranch, and no, they don’t know me). I am amazed by how much the quality of bacon ranges, and it makes such a difference here!
Next, prep scrambled eggs by combining a couple eggs with water, salt, and pepper:
The water helps make the scrambled eggs a little fluffier when you whisk it in:
Scramble the eggs, then place them on a flour tortilla (or try these low carb Cauliflower Tortillas) with Mexican-style cheese or sharp cheddar, tomatoes, scallions…
The crispy bacon and some avocado….
A little baby spinach too:
Then roll it all up:
(Yes, I have a problem with overstuffing things).
It’s now ready to eat:
Enjoy! This is truly one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast and it’s so easy. Savory breakfast over sweet breakfast, any day =) Right???
The full recipe is below, and here are a few more of my favorite ideas for savory breakfast picks:
These Breakfast Burritos are perfect for a filling, savory breakfast. Warm tortillas are filled with scrambled eggs, avocado, cheese, bacon, tomatoes, spinach, and scallions.
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-style or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Pour off excess fat from the pan and wipe clean with a paper towel. You can use the same pan to cook the eggs.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the skillet over medium high heat, add the eggs and scramble them. This should only take a couple minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the tortilla for about 15 seconds until it is pliable.
- To assemble, spoon the eggs on to the tortilla. Top with cheese, bacon, avocado, spinach, tomato, and scallions. Roll up the tortilla and the breakfast burrito is ready to enjoy!